Thursday, April 15, 2010

When I first started this writing adventure in 1991, I was not comfortable writing in the genre I had started it in. Originally, the book was called "Pink Lace and Roses" which is where the cover idea came from only my daughter put a sinister twist to the pink lace and roses! It was supposed to be a romance novel and I was not really wanting to get stuck in that genre but it was what was 'hot' at the time. Honestly, it was a slowwww read and I put it away for many years.

In September of '09, I was bored at work and decided to pull it back out and rewrite it, especially since the 'hot' topic nowadays was something more along the line of what I originally wanted to write! So, I set off to rewrite it one page at a time, keeping the parts I liked, the characters, and the setting but getting rid of all the stupid repetitive and boring things and spicing it up with a few new twists and turns. The result was something much more gripping and a smoother read!

I have finally finished writing the second book in the series and am working on the editing to make sure I have all the facts and new characters straight as well as making sure the storyline flows smoothly. The second book has more paranormal adventure and twists in it as the main characters are already set in the first book. It also has a serial killer who does some pretty messed up things to his victims.

No comments:

Post a Comment