Saturday, April 24, 2010

How the original story developed.

The very first writing of "Deadly Dreams: Burning Desires" was done in 1991. I remember back then having been bored with my life and unfulfilled in the romance department, I embarked on a journey living vicariously through my story, developing each character out of the needs and feelings I either had or lacked. In a way, all the characters are 'me'!

I was living in San Diego at the time and had come through the Ozark Mountains in Arkansas on the way to Connecticut to visit family. I fell in love with the place, having been a lot like where I had grown up and therefore decided it would be a good place for Christine to visit and have her adventure. Never in my wildest dreams did I ever think I would actually end up living there in real life! Since I had only been there for one day, I vaguely remembered the layout of the town and ultimately in the rewrite, I kept things changed so as not to make waves with the inhabitants of this lovely area!

It originally took six months to write; working nearly every day for hours at a time. The rewrite took two more months. I lived this story in my mind, weaving the plot in my head; rewinding and redoing the story until it felt right. It was a lot like making a movie only I was the director and all the actors! I can honestly say it was the most fun I have ever had in front of a computer!

No comments:

Post a Comment